NCSO offers caution signs
The Nassau County Sheriff’s Office offers “Drive Like Your Kids Live Here” yard signs to homeowners to remind motorists to drive safely, especially where kids live and play.
The signage is part of the NCSO’s continuing crime prevention and education efforts.
This durable sign and stand, which is purchased with crime prevention funds, is free to people who live in Nassau County and will serve as a subtle reminder for motorists to observe and obey all traffic laws, according to a press release from the NCSO.
Nassau County is growing rapidly and more traffic is on the roadways, the release notes.
Rules for requesting a sign include:
• Limit one per household
• Available for homeowners in Nassau County
• Must comply with any Nassau County, town or city sign ordinances
• Respect homeowner association rules
• Do not place signs on public rights-of-way, near intersections that might affect visibility, or in every yard in the neighborhood.
• Make sure signs do not interfere with visibility for backing out of driveways.
To request a sign, email email@example.com or call 904-548-4030 and provide your name, address and phone number. Once approved, the NCSO Traffic Unit will deliver a sign to the residence.